Thursday, November 22, 2007

Jon Favreau Slims Down With the Help of His Wife

Jon Favreau decided it was time to make some changes in his life as he approached his 40th birthday. The actor / director found himself approaching another milestone - weighing 300 lbs. The star turned to one person he could trust to help him shed the weight and change his life - his wife Joya, a doctor of internal medicine.

"I finally said to her one day, 'I think at my age – I was pushing 40 at the time – that this is not the weight my body wants to be.' And she said, 'Well, you can lose weight,' " Favreau, 41, says. "I went to Joya because she has always been my partner."

With her help, Favreau has gone from 290 lbs down to 205 lbs. He has lost an average of 5 lbs. by following a diet Joya prescribed. The changes have become such a part of his life he doesn't see himself going back to his old habits, he says, "I would feel weird if I ate the way I used to."

The couple have three children, Max, 6, Madelaine, 4, and Brighton Rose, 1.

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment