Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christy Turlington Talks With Cookie Magazine



Supermodel Christy Turlington is the featured covergirl on the December / January issue of Cookie Magazine. Turlington has two children, Grace, 4, and Finn, 2, with husband actor / director / producer Edward Burns.

Here are some highlights from their interview:

On being pregnant on her wedding day:
At the reception, she admits that one of Burns’s friends took him aside and said, “It’s so nice that Christy got a boob job for you for a wedding gift.”

On reports that Bono walked her down the aisle at the wedding:
“He was there, of course, but I gave myself away. I mean, I was 25 weeks pregnant at the time.”

On how being a mom has changed her style:
“[Grace is] so used to seeing me in a pair of men’s jeans, or my yoga clothes, that I get an ‘Oooh, Mommy!’ even when I wear something like this,” Turlington says, pointing to her casual yoke-collared trapeze dress. “Though it’s black, so it’s not her favorite.”

On being very family oriented: (Turlington’s older sister, Erin, is now married to Burns’s younger brother, Brian, and they are currently expecting a baby boy.)
“We can’t wait to see him,” Turlington says. “I’m so curious how this will work out genetically. Will he look exactly like my kids?”

On her passion for the ballet:
Turlington brought Grace to her first ballet performance when she was 2. “I worried about whether she could sit through the performance—sometimes she doesn’t sit through a Disney movie. But she was mesmerized. At the photo shoot [for Cookie], Grace loved being with the dancers so much that she didn’t want me around. She kept saying, ‘Goodbye, Mommy,’ and dragging me offstage.”

Pick up December/January issue of Cookie for the rest of the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment