Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christina Aguilera Bares Her Bump for Marie Claire

Mom-to-be Christina Aguilera is showing off her baby bump on the cover of the January issue of Marie Claire magazine.

In the accompanying article she talks candidly about becoming a first time parent with husband Jordan Bratman.

"We were planning on starting to try after the [Nov. 2006-May 2007 Back to Basics] tour. And so, I had gone off the Pill to prepare my body, because I didn't know how much time it would take," Aguilera tells the magazine.

"You've heard it takes some time – except with Power Egg and Super Sperm here," she reveals, "I'm like, Oh, my God, can you believe it just happened?"

She found out she was expecting in the middle of the tour and had to take some extra precautions to ensure the safety of the baby and herself.

"I was paranoid," she admits. "There are so many things that could go wrong – somebody could slip, somebody could fall, I could fall. There was no way in hell I was going to jeopardize my baby for my show."

The singer ultimately decided to wear a carefully hidden heart monitor during performances. "I didn't want to make the audience uncomfortable, like, 'Pregnant lady onstage! Is she going to be okay?' But I had to announce it to my band and my dancers, because I wanted to make sure they had my back."

Source: Marie Claire via People

No comments:

Post a Comment