Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Marc Anthony's Ex-Wife Comments on Pregnancy Rumors

Marc Anthony's ex-wife, former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, has been pulled into the Jennifer Lopez pregnancy rumors.

Puerto Rican newspaper El Nuevo Dia has reported that Torres confirmed Lopez's pregnancy. Torres was asked in an interview how her children with Anthony were taking the news of a new sibling to which she responded: "They don't know yet because I found out a day ago. But I imagine they will be happy, because when my sister had her kids they were.”

She said that she had heard the news initially through her assistant Tiana Rios or her manager, Jennifer Nieman and not from the couple themselves.

Torres has quickly distanced herself from the newspaper comments by releasing the following statement:

"I have neither confirmed, nor have first-hand knowledge of any pregnancy. I had been advised of pregnancy 'rumors' by my manager who wanted to make sure I was aware in case my children heard anything at school that I may need to address; so when I was approached by a reporter who stated as fact that my children were to have a new sibling soon, I assumed that this had been confirmed. My answer to him was that though they had no knowledge of a sibling, that I imagine that they will be incredibly happy. Marc, his family and I have a very respectful and mature relationship which we work hard to conserve for the benefit of our children."

Torres has two sons with Anthony, Christian, 6, and Ryan, 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment