Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Elisabeth Hasslebeck Taking Early Maternity Leave

Just days after announcing that she would be leaving for materntiy leave in early November, Elisabeth Hasslebeck has changed her plans and will be leaving The View early on October 23rd. The change is a result of husband Tim Hasslebeck signing a contrack with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals. Elisabeth wants to familiarize herself with a new OB/GYN in Arizona prior to the baby's arrival in November.

"When he got this call, I saw Tim, I saw him on the phone, I saw his adrenaline get going again," Hasselbeck said on Barbara Walter's Sirus radio program. "This is what he's meant to do."

"I have to take early maternity leave so that I can get there and actually introduce the doctor to my parts, before she pulls a child out of me," she said.

The family move doesn't mean a permanent exit from The View for Elisabeth. "I'll be back, after the hiatus. Don't get excited that the Republican is gone so soon, ladies! I will be back to torture you all."

The family is happy with the timing of the move coinciding the baby's arrival.

"Now that I'm having this baby when I am, I can actually be with Tim and [2-year-old daughter] Grace. We can be together and expand the family. It's a good thing."

Source: People and The View

No comments:

Post a Comment