Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Angelina Jolie's Brother Says Her Kids Are 'Amazing'

Angelina Jolie's brother, James Haven, is amazed at his sister's family with Brad Pitt.

"They're unbelievable," Haven, 34, who is an activist for AIDS and human rights causes, tells Marie Claire in the upcoming November. "Zahara likes to hide from Angie, who always knows, right when she walks in the room, that Z's playing."

The family's newest addition -- Pax, 3 -- "amazed me the first time he said my name," says the proud uncle.

"He didn't know any English, and I hadn't heard him say a word yet, so I wasn't expecting it," says Haven.

Haven credits his foray into philanthropy to his sister. He is serving as the executive board director of Artivist, which is sponsoring an L.A. film festival Nov. 8 - 9 for movies about human rights and environmental issues.

"Angie was the catalyst," he says. "She'd say, 'I just heard this is going on in Darfur ...' and I'd want to be involved."

Another issue close to his heart are children and women with d difficult home conditions. He says he inspired to help from his experience growing up with father Jon Voight.

"I don't want to constantly berate my father – I wish him well, and I hope finds peace – but he put my mom through years of mental abuse, and it made me care especially for abandoned women and children," says Haven. "So that's my religion – helping widows and orphans."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment