Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pregnant Kim Raver on The Martha Stewart Show

The Martha Stewart Show featured a special episode on moms and babies today. The special guest of the day was Lipstick Jungle and 24 star Kim Raver who is due "any day now".

Here are some highlights:

On her recent ad campaign for Vaseline showing the skin of her baby bump:
"It's funny at first I was covering everything. It was really about skin and I thought this was a 'go for it'. It felt really liberating. It's a reason to celebrate the skin on our body. I was so amazed that my skin was stretching that much."

On 5-year-old son Luke being a big brother:
"He's really excited. He talks to [my belly] everyday."

On her due date:
"Like two weeks."

On baby names (they don't know if its a boy or a girl):
"I need a little help. It's hard because we have Luke, my son. We've got a couple suggestions. Brooke [Shields] gave me some good ones. "


On moving back to New York:
"We've just moved back which is perfect timing with the baby. It's nice to be back in New York for the second baby. It's where I was born."
On working with Brooke Shields:
"We were friends before, so it's like working with my best friend. Our kids get along. She's very funny. We can have our kids on set and have good laughs together."

On returning to work:
"I'm going to have the baby and go straight back to work. I go back to work three weeks after I have the baby. It's going to be a challenge. It's so nice to have such supportive women."
On the nursery:
"I set it up last week. The second kid it's 'like I should get that going.' I gave everything from the first child away. I find I'm nesting now."

No comments:

Post a Comment