Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Pete Wentz Wants to Settle Down

Falling in love with Ashlee Simpson has had a positive effect on former wild child Pete Wentz who says he is ready to put his partying behind him and settle down.

Pete said, "I picture myself having a family now. Before, my dreams were about being in a huge band. Now, my dreams are of backyards and hanging out. It's a progression for me, trying to figure out what's normal."

Last month there were rumors that the couple were engaged and expecting which were quickly shot down by their reps.

The 22-year-old Wentz has previously battled depression and prescription drugs.

He confesses, "I can barely remember those years. I was taking prescription medication, I was a drugstore cowboy, mixing this with this, seeing what the combinations did. I couldn't picture myself in two years. People would ask, 'What are you going to do on the next record?' And I'd say, 'Dude, I can't even see myself being alive.'

"Honestly, I used to wake up and want to blow my head off. I thank God I got through it, and came out of the other side."

No comments:

Post a Comment