Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Kate Hudson Talks Marriage, Divorce, Dating, and More Kids

Kate Hudson may have a new man in her life, but she admits in the new issue of Harper's Bazaar that she finds the process of dating as a single mom very different. The mom of 3-year-old Ryder was divorced last year from husband Chris Robinson and ended her relationship with ex-boyfriend Owen Wilson in May. (As we reported earlier today Kate is currently dating actor Dax Shepard.)

"Dating becomes very different," says Hudson. "You realize after you have had children that you'll never love anything more than your child. ... So it makes the new sort of single-mom dating process very different. It's like growing up. It's adult."

Hudson admits that she still has alot to learn about love and romance. "A friend of mine said the greatest thing to me," she says. "When it comes to relationships, unfortunately you've just got to be a grown-up. It doesn't mean you can't make mistakes; it doesn't mean you can't be a kid. ... But when it comes to the work of it, you just have to grow up... And when you do the work, it provides so much more room to be silly and make mistakes again."

Hudson has found her divorce from Chris Robinson after nearly six year together to be "really, really hard."

Of Robinson, she says, "He's my first huge love. I spent seven years with Chris. I was 20 when I met him. We still talk everyday. He still cracks me up. And Ryder feels that."

"For both Chris and me, our main focus is, and was, Ryder. And happy parents, happy baby," she says. "Therefore, I love Chris to pieces."

As for the future, she may be taking a page out of mom Goldie Hawn's book and focusing on a solid relationship over a formal marriage.

When asked if she would get married again. She replies, "I don't know. I checked that off my list of to-dos. And I can check off divorce. The idea of marriage, I realize now, no longer holds the answer to anything."

One thing still on her to-do list is to have more children. "I'd love to have more kids," she admits. "Of course. I've always wanted to have a lot. My dream is to have four."

Source: Harper's Bazaar

No comments:

Post a Comment