Thursday, June 07, 2007

Jenna Elfman Talks About Her Pregnancy

Jenna Elfman is featured on the cover of the summer issue of Plum magazine. Plum is a pregnancy magazine specifically targeted towards women 35 years of age and older.

In the issue, Jenna is photographed wearing a series of sexy, ethereal gowns. Here's some highlights of the article:

On her biggest maternity fashion challenge:

She says, "The whole pants thing." She admits that she finds the elastic waistbands on most maternity pants too constricting. She opts to wear dark denim Habitual maternity jeans (unbuttoned or she can't sit down). She admits, "Still, I wear them every day. It's that or pregnancy leggings which, luckily, are in fasion. I've been doing my best to maintain my asthetic."



On her pregnancy cravings:

Coca-Cola!! She says, "I never drink soda, but now I can barely control myself."



On deciding to wait until her mid-thirties to have a baby:

She admits that she always thought she would have kids before her third decade. "Then 30, 31, 32 came. It just went fast."

She reveals that she was afraid to take time off for a baby during the run of her hit show Dharma & Greg. She says, "I always felt that my body changing would create a huge barrier to my career. But I started looking around at the actresses I admire [Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts, Rachel Griffiths], and all the ones I admire have children. Actually, the most successful actresses all have children."





On deciding to have a baby now:

She and huband Bodhi Elfman have been together for 16 years. Last fall they decided to talk about having a baby and she says, "We both just went, 'What the hell are we waiting for?'"



On getting more work since becoming pregnant:

Since becomeing pregnant, Elfman has guest-starred on the ABC show Brothers & Sisters and signed on to star in Literacy Superstars, a half-hour comedy set in the publishing world being developed by Darren Star. "If it's for midseason, it will go into production in September; if it will be for the following fall, I'll just be with my son non-stop for the first year of his life which is fine with me."





On finally being ready:

"The way it timed out is actually perfect," she says. "I feel like we've hit that place where we're totally ready and not nervous. Have you ever skied? In order to ski well you have to lean down into the mountain. Everything tells you to lean back, but you'll fall if you lean back. It's the same with this. you just have to lean in and do it."

1 comment: