Saturday, June 23, 2007

Angelina Jolie Talks About Her Kids Unique Personalities



Angelina Jolie was recently inteviewed by MSN during her promotional tour for her new film, A Mighty Heart. Here are some of the highlights:

On being nervous to meet Mariane Pearl:
"The first time we met was a playdate in New York and we decided to go to the theater together. The nice thing is that before I met her I thought gosh she's so serious, I've seen her interviews, I respect her so much and she's a mom and you know how moms are nervous with other moms because you think she's going to be this perfect mother and perfect European interesting woman. So we went to this play and half way through it we quietly realized we were both ready to go and snuck out half way through it and then we went to her house and we both realized that neither one of us knew how to make pasta and we found ourselves trying to figure it out while the boys watched TV. We were talking about how to save the world and we couldn't figure out how to make a bowl of pasta."

On Maddox seeing his mom playing Mariane:
"He finds it very strange. He thought I was just being really weird. And then he did come up to me and said, 'Why are you dressing up like Adam's mommy everyday?' and then it got us into this heavy discussion where I just said, 'Well, this thing happened to Adam's mommy and Adam's daddy and to their family at this time, that has affected our world, and we wanted to tell the story to help people understand this time and Adam's daddy.' He's five so he asked 'what happened?' I actually couldn't get into the details, I think more because I didn't know what he would say to Adam. I usually tell my son everything, but...I did say that [Daniel] was killed."

On what she's most proud of:
"I'm proud of my family. I'm very proud of my family. I'm proud of Brad as a father, and as a man. I'm proud of the home we've been able to create for the kids. I'm proud of how happy our kids are and how uniquely individual they are. Yeah, I'm most proud of them."

On how she keeps everything balanced:
"It's a unique situation where I am lucky that I can take big chunks of time off. I can also insist that my kids be brought to the set. I'm able to balance because I have a lot of that unusual circumstance. I do have an amazing man in my life who is such a wonderful dad, and makes raising the kids that much more fun and that much easier to do because he's so hands-on as well. But at the end of the day, like all moms, you realize you get through it because you love your kids, and you love your life, and it is just pure joy, and the balance is just found.

On Maddox:
"Mad's almost 6 and he's just like this little intelligent man. He's so smart and so witty. He's like my best buddy. He's just the coolest little person I've ever met."

On Pax:
"He's recently just come home. He spent 3 1/2 years of his life in one place, in one room, in this one little iron bed with 20 other kids, and having no choice for himself to do things, having no freedom. And suddenly here he is in a very free situation with new brothers and sisters and a mom and dad. And he's learning English and he's so loving and he's wild and free cause he suddenly has freedom so he's a little wild and crazy. But what a tough, remarkable little person. So he's teaching us things everyday."

On Shiloh:
"Shi is so full of light and love, she's just a little honey, and very, very funny. I think I'm recognizing some of myself in that one -- she's going to be a little bit of trouble!"

1 comment:

  1. Angelina is my number one idol,she is a great mom. My mission in life is to be the greatest Mom and Wife.
    (keep up the hard work Angelina)

    ReplyDelete