Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hot Hollywood Dads and Their Kids

In honor of the upcoming Father's Day holiday, In Style is featuring a section on Hollywood dads and their children from photographer Joyce Ostin's new book on the subject. Here's the highlights and photos:

David Duchovny with Kyd and Madeleine

"David is truly a family man," says Ostin. "His life with wife Tea Leoni and their children seems loving and content... Both children showed their love for their daddy. They couldn't stop hugging and playing with David. I saw seriousness in David's eyes that made him all the more intriguing as a father as well as an actor."




Eric McCormack with Finnigan

"The terrifying responsibility of fatherhood is outweighed only by how much freakin' fun it can be," says McCormack.



Rod Stewart with Alastair

"It seems that my parenting skills have improved with experience," says Stewart. "I've learned that you've got to just let your children be who they are and celebrate their individuality."



Michael J. Fox with Sam, Aquinnah, Esme and Schuyler

"My dad was an old-fashioned, school-of-hard-knocks kind of guy. He grew up during the Depression, came of age during World War II, and then spent 25 years in the army," he says. "He was really a different kind of father, and person, than me. Tougher. But he was loyal, and family came first... Even though he thought actors were hippies and show business was another planet, he drove me to L.A. from Canada to find me an agent because that's who I was and what I wanted. I miss him."



Mekhi Phifer with Omikaye

"I witnessed some of the cutest moments I have ever seen in my life watching Mekhi and his son, Omikaye, together," says the photographer Ostin, "little expressions and feelings about his dad were uncanny. I will never forget that adorable little boy sitting in his daddy's lap smiling and feeling so proud. What a pair!"



Lionel Richie with Miles, Sofia, and Nicole

"Every time I have had the pleasure to interact with Lionel, he has been the most gracious gentleman," says Ostin. "His smile and voice are sure to put anyone at ease. His gentle way is the 'Lionel style.' His talent has never gotten in the way of his being a loving, sweet man and a caring father."



Laird Hamilton with Reece Viola

"This shoot was really memorable," says Ostin. "It was right after my mother-in-law, Evelyn, passed away. Laird was so spiritual and cosmic and open to listening to me talk about her. I knew this gorgeous, unbelievable athlete was truly a star with a huge heart. When he put his daughter in his hands, the look of love and fun he was having was striking."




Jim Belushi with Robert, Jamison and Jared

"Fatherhood is like beekeeping," says Belushi. "The honey is so sweet, but be careful of the sting."



Flea with Sunny

"Flea was on the road with the Read Hot Chili Peppers but [he] was home on the day I happened to call," says Ostin. "He told me to come over in 45 minutes... His baby was fast asleep. When she woke up, she was full of smiles. Her big blue eyes and sweet smile make her the perfect combination of mommy and daddy."



Bruce Willis and Ashton Kutcher with Scout, Tallulah, and Rumer Willis

"Thanks to Demi this shoot happened," says Ostin. "As she pointed out to me, the message in this photograph is a very important one. The more love you give children, the better. Even though their family may not be a traditional one, there is certainly not a lack of parenting or love."

No comments:

Post a Comment