Monday, April 30, 2007

Molly Shannon is Still a Superstar, but Its the Quiet Time She Enjoys

It's been years since Molly Shannon left Saturday Night Live and her signature character Mary Katherine Gallagher behind. Yet, the repressed schoolgirl character is the one that fans still remember.

She says, "Hand down. I get recognized the most for Superstar [Mary Katherine Gallagher]. One day I was with my daughter and son [Stella, 3, and Nolan, 2] really early, and we walked by a park where there was a transsexual prostitute who saw me. She yelled out, 'Superstar!' wit the arms up and everything. I just yelled back, 'That's so sweet!'"

Now with a new film out written just for her in "Year of the Dog" her talents take a dramatic turn, but Shannon admits that spending time with the kids is what really makes her happy. She says, "I like taking the kids on a walk while it's dark outside. It's like an adventure."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment