Monday, April 30, 2007

Bruce Willis Returns to Die Hard with a New Maturity

Bruce Willis returns to one of the roles that made him an action movie icon, Die Hard's John McClane on June 27. Twelve years after the last installment, Willis says that he brings a higher degree of maturity to the role this time around.

The actor tells Vanity Fair: "A lot of the physical stuff that they had me doing was still, let's say, low-tech. I don't bounce as well off the concrete floors as I used to. … I'm glad I didn't wait a couple more years to do this."

Time has changed Willis as well, after 11 years of marriage the actor split and was divorced from actress Demi Moore in 2000. The couple has three daughters, Rumer, 18, Scout, 15, and Talullah, 13. Moore has since remarried to Ashton Kutcher in 2005. Willis was mature enough to be one of the guests at the wedding.

Willis considers the Moore-Kutchers as his "extended family."

"It's hard for people to understand," he says, "but we go on holidays together. We still raise our kids together. … Demi is the mother of my children and Ashton is the stepfather of my children. I'm thrilled that Ashton turned out to be such a great guy. I love Demi, and I know she loves me."

Willis has no serious girlfriends in his life and feels no need to talk about gossip about him anymore. The attention of tabloids has shifted from the mature Willis to younger stars. He says the magazines are "not writing about guys my age much anymore, unless I do something naughty. They're writing about the kids. That's what drives pop culture now. Anything goes, to the point when if it's O.K. for young pop stars or film stars to show photos of their naked vaginas in a magazine, then it's over, man. It's the (expletive) Fall of Rome."

No comments:

Post a Comment