Monday, February 26, 2007

Melissa Etheridge Was Torn Over Oscar Kiss

Melissa Etheridge was torn over whether to kiss her wife Tammy Lee Michaels at last night's Academy Awards. The rocker debated over whether it would be appropriate to kiss Michaels because she isn't fond of public displays of affection.

The singer was nominated for best song for her An Inconvenient Truth song I Need To Wake Up and didn't hesitate to kiss her partner when she won.

She says, "I have not been one to kiss my partner in public just for sensationalism. I don't think I ever have, but she was so important to me; especially, with this project.

"She was the one who said, 'Just write what you feel,' when I was going, 'Well, how do you write about global warming?'"

The rocker adds, "She meant so much to me, and she saved my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment