Monday, February 19, 2007

Katey Sagal Talks About Her Miracle Baby

Earlier this year Katey Sagal welcomed daughter, Esme, via a surrogate. She is the first child for the couple joining Katey's children, Sarah, 12, and Jackson, 10, from a previous marriage. Katey recently talked with OK! magazine on their newest addition.

Here's an excerpt from the interview:

On life with Esme
It's busy but it's really lovely and calm so far. Everybody is very excited and my older kids are very happy she's here. She fits right in. She's healthy and perfect. I think the biggest change has been realizing I now have three kids.

On choosing surrogacy
We thought long and hard about it. It's not a quick or easy decision. When Kurt and I met, I already had two children and he'd never had children of his own before. I had always wanted more children, so I got into that conversation quickly. I'd had some medical issues after the birth of my other tow and I was unable to carry a child, so we were always looking at alternative approaches. We headed down the adoption road at the same time we were investigating the surrogacy road and left it to whatever happened first, because we weren't that attached to either way. Our surrogacy situation just fell into place really easily.

On being an "older" mom [at 50]?
My thing about having another child was time's a-wasting! I thought about being an older parent and what that means for another child, but I was somewhat of an older parent when I had Sarah and Jackson [in my] late 30s. I have an enormous family with many cousins, and Esme has an older brother and sister. So, I felt it was okay to do this.

On having a third child:
It's just so different when you have the third child, and I don't mean to slight her in any way, but I remember with my first child, everything was so perfectly in place and I took those nine months and made this unbelivable nursery. With my second one, that kind of loosened up, and now, by my third one -- it's all been fun and fantastic, but not as stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment