Saturday, November 04, 2006

Skeet Ulrich on Leaving Hollywood and Being a Dad

It wasn't long ago that Skeet Ulrich packed his bags and left Hollywood with his family for life on a farm in Virginia. He's now returned to LA to star in the CBS hit show, Jericho, fresh from a divorce with five year old twins, Naiia and Jakob. People magazine recently sat down to talk with him about his return and how the family is adjusting.

Do you miss the farm?
I miss clean air. [On weekends] I take the kids outside of town, and Naiia rides a four-wheeler, and Jakob rides a dirt bike. It's a great escape.

If there was a mushroom cloud over Los Angeles, how could you help?
I would have skills to lend. I build furniture -- I could build shelter.

Make anything lately?
I built an easle for the kids' preschool. It's 10 feet, so four kids can paint at once.

Do the kids know dad's famous?
They've come on set. They've been around it a long time, so it's nothing unusual.

Are you finding time for romance?
I haven't been on a date yet. I haven't met anyone who has struck my fancy in that way. There's certainly a mourning period. Sometimes I get lonely, but I'm having fun on my own. Work is great. Fatherhood is great.

Read the rest of the article in this week's issue of People.

No comments:

Post a Comment