Saturday, November 25, 2006

Gwen Stefani in Entertainment Weekly

Gwen Stefani has a brand new solo album "The Sweet Escape" that is set for release on December 5th. Since giving birth to Kingston, Gwen has been extremely busy. She has the album, two fashion lines (L.A.M.B and Harajuku Lovers), and is getting ready for an upcoming world tour which is scheduled to launch in April. All while taking care of Kingston and still managing to drop the post-baby weight.

"I have a little bit of, you know, skin or whatever," says Stefani. "If I wasn't having the record come out there's no way I would have lost the weight. A year would have gone by [before] I'd be, like, 'Well, s---, maybe I should start trying to get the weight off now!"

She discovered that she was pregnant just before the launch of her first American tour last fall and wasn't going to let the news slow her down.

"I'd be crying before I was going on,'' she says. ''I couldn't breathe, because when you're pregnant, you get short of breath. So I'm trying to breathe with the corset and the high heels and the nine costume changes. I was in pain. I won't go into detail, but I had really bad stomachaches. What saved me was God put these young girls in the front row; you could tell it was their first concert and that they were looking at me as if I was Cinderella. They just thought I was great."

Why the world tour now? She says, "I felt like I got ripped off on the last tour because I was pregnant. Although I can't believe I'm going to do it, especially with Kingston."

She definitely plans on adding to her family, probabaly after another No Doubt album, "I really want to have more," she says. "One solo record, two solo records. One baby, two babies. I always want more of everything!"

Source: EW

No comments:

Post a Comment