Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Diddy Has No Plans for Marriage Anytime Soon

Sean "Diddy" Combes has no plans on getting married anytime soon according to a recent interview with "Essence" Magazine.

"I know she deserves to get married," Diddy says, "but I'm just not ready."

He goes on, "It's not a reflection on how much I love Kim. It's that I'm just learning how to be a good boyfriend. When I'm finished with this step, I'll move on to the next."

He admits that he was initially surprised at the news that Porter was expecting twin girls, but has come around to the news. He says "I've wanted girls for a long time. I just picture the babies falling asleep on top of me."

He talks about meeting and falling in love Porter, "She wasn't like a New York girl. She was Bohemian, mixed with Georgia-peach hospitality. I got the idea she'd like doing stuff like walking barefoot in the grass. I didn't think I could get her to like me."

Although the couple split temporarily in 1999 and the music mogul was involved with Jennifer Lopez, they stayed in love and reconciled after he separated from JLo. She says, "That relationship wasn't real. The world just saw the bright lights and the camera. But I knew what was really going on. He was still in love with me."

She adds, "People just believed everything they saw in print, and they were talking to me like I was really crushed. But I had just had a baby. I couldn't be somewhere in a corner heartbroken. I have kids. I'm a grown woman."

Porter says of Diddy now, "He could be a little more attentive to his family, but I understand who he is and what that requires of him. He's in a business where he wants to be the best, and he wants to make sure his family has the best. It takes a lot of his person to do that. You know, there's only so much time in the day. But as long as he makes us feel like we're a family, I'm fine."

And for the future, she says, "There'll be one day when he won't be working so hard, (and) then we have a lifetime. … I'm not a needy person. If I were, I'd probably be somewhere pulling out my hair right now."

Source: PEOPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment