Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Britney Spears Files for Divorce

When I saw Britney Spears appearance on David Letterman last night, I thought something must be up since she has kept a pretty low profile since having son Jayden James. Now it appears to be a preemptive move to distract attention from her separation from husband Kevin Federline.

TMZ has obtained her divorce petition that was filed earlier today with the Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." In her petition, Britney requests both legal and physical custody of the couple's two children, one-year old Sean Preston and two-month old Jayden James, with Federline getting reasonable visitation rights.

There is an iron-clad prenup that details any property separation.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:09 PM

    OMG!! I can't believe it. I always figured they wouldn't last. I thought they would wait longer after having the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:10 PM

    It was only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:08 PM

    I can't believe they managed to stay together as long as they did, really.

    I mean, did Brit really think this was a 'till death do us part' relationship? FFS, he left his knocked girlfriend for her. Duh.

    Two marriages down. And, she's what? 24 years old? What a waste.

    Remind me again why committed same sex couples can't marry? Oh that's right. They would only serve to ruin the sanctity of marriage.

    What a load of crap. :(

    ReplyDelete