Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gretchen Wilson on Motherhood

People magazine has a special issue out about Country music stars which includs an excerpt from Gretchen Wilson's upcoming memoirs. In it she discusses what she calls the defining moment in her life: becoming a mother.

"Initially, I felt downright miserable. I saw myself as fat and ugly and pregnant. At the same time, I started feeling that my dream that lead me to Nashville was slowly slipping away," she writes.

But after talking with friends and family, she was able to overcome her worries and her daughter Grace was born.

"The bottom line is, Grace is my life and music is my talent and passion. . . . I'm a mom first, a singer second," she writes.

Gretchen's book, "Redneck Woman: Stories from My Life," from Warner Books, will be released Nov. 1.

Source: PEOPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment