Friday, September 08, 2006

Brad Pitt: I'll Marry When Everyone Can

Leave it to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to send a social message with their potential wedding plans. The couple reveals that they won't marry again until the restrictions on who can marry whom are dropped.

"Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able," the 42-year-old actor reveals in Esquire magazine's October issue, on newsstands Sept. 19.

In the article he reflects on his new fatherhood with newborn Shiloh and adopted children, Maddox, 5, and Zahara, 1. Dispite so much focus being placed on Shiloh's arrival, its the two elder children that he declares "cannot imagine life without".

"They're as much of my blood as any natural born, and I'm theirs," says Pitt. "That's all I can say about it. I can't live without them. So: Anyone considering (adoption), that's my vote."

Pitt admits to having a laid-back parenting sytle with the kids. "I try not to stifle them in any way," he says. "If it's not hurting anyone, I want them to be able to explore. Sometimes that means they're quite rambunctious."

"I feel it's really important to have that time to sit and talk to them," he continues. "I really like that last minute before they fade off. And always give them a heads-up before you jerk them out of something. You need to tell them, like, `You have three more minutes.'"

Source: AP

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:16 PM

    I love this man and he sounds like such a good daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:21 PM

    He's just copying Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend with that sentence. For the last couple years Charlize has always said that same thing, whenever she was asked about her marriage plans. Not that Brad cannot have the same opinion as Charlize, but couldn't he have said it in his own words?

    ReplyDelete