Monday, August 07, 2006

Kevin Federline in In Touch Weekly

Now that you’re a musician, what’s a typical day for you?
I’m up at six every day! I get up and play with the baby, then put in a 10-hour day at the studio.

How do you squeeze in quality time with your wife?
I feel bad. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to take her away. It’s good for us to go stay in a hotel on the beach, to have three or four days by ourselves.

With another baby on the way, is this a tough time to start your hip-hop career?
It’s definitely going to be hard. It’ll have to be worked at, but that’s every relationship.

If you go on tour, will you bring your family?
That’s what I’d want, in a perfect world. I’m going to try to do the bus thing, and bring everyone along. I don’t like flying. I used to be terrified, but I’m getting used to it.

Are you guys flying back to LA from your video shoot in Vegas?
We’ll be driving. Britney’s too far along to fly. It’s easiest if I drive at night.

Are you both always so attentive to her doctor’s orders?
Not always. They try to say what you should and shouldn’t eat. A woman who’s pregnant should have what she wants. If she wants pickles and ice cream, she should have it!

What does Britney crave?
Last time, she ate a lot more pickles. This time, she wants chocolate.

Will you have more kids?
It’ll be a few years before we have another.

Who does Sean Preston take after more - you or Britney?
He takes after his mom. His personality is like hers in a lot of ways - the way he holds himself, his facial expressions.

Does your son like your music?

He enjoys my songs. His face lights up a little bit. He always wants to go into the studio at home.

Some people have called you a sex symbol. How does that feel?It feels good. It’s a simple fact of life. It’s a key element to music. It boosts sales.

What’s the most important thing you’ve learned since you started your music career?
Being ready. I did a lot of early stuff, like “Popozao,” too soon. Maybe not a mistake, but too soon. “Popozao” won’t be on the album, along with 30 other songs that were cut. My patience is what I’ve had to learn.

Do you think you could outsell rappers like 50 Cent or Eminem?I hope so! Maybe one day.

Would you ever consider crossing over into movies?Yeah, I’ll probably do that later. I’ve already been offered a couple of scripts. The most interesting one was a role as a drug dealer, starring with Ben Affleck’s brother [Casey]. I was supposed to audition, but I got really sick and couldn’t make it.

What kind of roles are you looking for?
Sometimes I wake up in a comedic mood, and sometimes I wake up in a serious mood. With acting, you’ve got to be able to channel that for three months straight.

You’re in the unique situation of having become famous even before your music came out. Is that an asset or a drawback?
It helps. But at the same time, it kind of hurts. People are waiting to hate on it.

What is the biggest misconception about you?
People have this image of me based on rumors. The whole public picture of me is a big misconception - who I am, what I’m about. My album straightens that out. It’ll help people understand me better.

Source: In Touch Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment