Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Geri Halliwell picks out baby names

Geri Halliwell says she has decided on a name for her unborn baby.

Geri, who is seven months pregnant, says she will call her baby Stella if it is a girl and Leonardo if it is a boy.

Speaking to Hello! magazine she said the first scans showed "something that looks more like a potato than a little person. I thought that I was carrying Potato Halliwell."

She said the pregnancy has been "a huge hormonal journey, and for the first three months of pregnancy I was very ill. It was like being hungover, with a depth of tiredness I'd never experienced.

"I've put on between 10 and 12lbs (each breast now weighs about three!), gaining most weight in the first three months, all around my bottom and my breasts. It's a hideous stage when you don't look pregnant, but just as if you've eaten too many pies."

She revealed all the Spice Girls had been supportive, especially Victoria who had given her the ponchos she wore during her last pregnancy.

Geri is no longer with the baby's father, thought to be scriptwriter Sacha Gervasi.

She added: "The baby is a happy accident and I am going alone by choice. I would never deprive my child of the right to know its father.

"I think a child can still receive the love of two great parents who are not necessarily together. We don't have to live together to be supportive."

No comments:

Post a Comment