Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Elin Nordegren Talks About Her Rough Year and the Road Ahead

Her divorce from Tiger Woods was finalized yesterday, now newly single mom Elin Nordegren is breaking her silence to talk with People magazine about her rough year and the road ahead in her first and probably last interview on the difficult subjects. 

Some highlights:

On her split from Woods after discovering his repeated infidelities:
"I have been through the stages of disbelief and shock, to anger and ultimately grief over the loss of the family I so badly wanted for my children."

On the road ahead for her and her children - Sam, 3, and Charlie, 19 months:
"I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself."

On her plans in the near term: 
"My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation. I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal," she says.

For more from the interview and some never before seen photos of the family, pick up this week's issue of People magazine on newsstands Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment