Friday, June 18, 2010

Salma Hayek Talks About Becoming a 'Grown Up'

Salma Hayek is returning to the big screen for the first time since welcoming her daughter Valentina in 2007. The returns this month playing the fashion designer wife of a top Hollywood agent, played by Adam Sandler, in Grown Ups.

She recently sat down with Latina magazine about the film and life with her daughter.

On her decision to head back to work by making a family friendly movie:
"I said yes to this movie because from the beginning, I was an Adam Sandler fan and I really liked the movie. Of course now the main focus of my life is my family and it does change things and the choices that you make. You want to do movies that your children can watch, also that your children can have fun and enjoy the experience of shooting it, and it doesn’t get better than this movie for that. I love the movie. I’m proud of it. I can’t wait for Valentina to see it."

On bringing Valentina to the set with her:
"Everybody had children of the same age. She loved coming to work on the set. Adam makes it the dream environment to bring children. They are so highly entertained that you’re nervous when you get back home—how are you going to entertain your child? They have all kinds of toys and things for them to play."

On how her life has changed since becoming a mom:
"I don’t have a lot of time anymore so I know my friends have suffered from trying to juggle everything. Your social life suffers a little bit, definitely. Every parent will tell you that. I was at one point in my life very involved with social causes and as passionate as I am about it I’m still involved but there’s just so much you can do sometimes."

Source: Latina

No comments:

Post a Comment