Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kate Winslet Tries to Keep It Simple

Celebrity mom Kate Winslet does her best to balance being a mother to son Joe, 5, and daughter Mia, 8. The trick-of-the-trade this experienced mom has embraced is just keep it simple.

"I cook at home. I have a cleaner and a baby-sitter, but my mantra is 'Keep it simple,'" she says. "I don't want staff running around. I want them to put their own dirty clothes in the laundry bin and bring their plates from the table to the sink."

Amongst the daily chores, this mom-of-two tries to keep a positive body image and refused to use a body double double or lose weight for her nude scenes in her upcoming film, The Reader.

"I'm doing all right. I've had two kids. I'm 33. I don't look in the mirror and go, 'Oh, I look fantastic' Of course I don't. Nobody is perfect," Winslet says. "I just don't believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, 'This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!" I'm proud of that.'"

She even looks at her flaws with amusement, "What's not perfect about me? Here we go: crumble baby belly...boobs are worse for wear after two kids..."

The five-time Oscar-nominated actress tries to stick to a healthy diet, but doesn't restrict what she eats.

"I'm not a supermodel and I do whatever I can just to stay healthy," she says. "I don't go to the gym. I mean, I go through phases where I think: 'Oh, I really should go and do a class.' I don't have a trainer or a cook."

Right now her key to staying in shape is a pilates DVD which she works out toat home "on the living room carpet."

"Here's what's so great about it: no one's looking at you, no one's telling you what to do or work harder or anything like that," she explains. "I know it seems slightly tragic, but it's my way of exercising in a time-efficient way.

"I have a mat and little hand weights and I do a stomach thing and a bum thing. It's very simple - you barely break into a sweat," she adds.

"My body's different. It has settled into what it is now. None of this different diets lark. I can't remember the last time I tried some new fad."

She continues: "Honestly I eat anything, although the only thing I don't is pasta, because it gives me a stomach ache."

Source: The Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment